Skingredients by The Skin Nerd
Skingredients Skin Veg 45ml (Key 4, Step 2)
Skin Veg (45ml) is your super juice pre-serum that’s powered by fruit + veg extracts galore to tick off your skin’s 5-a-day. Expect instant hydration station with long-term benefits (hello brighter + plumper skin!) after your skin slurps up Skin Veg’s replenishing recipe.
It’s enriched with hyaluronic acid, a humectant hero that attracts + retains moisture, a pro-collagen peptide to diminish fine lines + wrinkles, and a polyhydroxy acid (PHA) to assist deeper penetration of the serums that follow. That’s all combined with fruit, veg + botanical extracts to arm skin with an antioxidant defence, which counteracts the harmful effects of free radicals.
Veg + fruit you ask? Turns out our body and skin are pretty similar – they both require protein, good fats, vegetables + fruit to source the amino acids, vitamins and essential fatty acids needed to function at their best. We added PHA to the mix, a second-generation alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), for a dash of exfoliation that’s gentle enough for every day.
Our ultra-lightweight + skin-soothing Skin Veg is the 02 in the KeyFour. A hydrating, brightening pre-serum + penetrant enhancer that helps your rock star ingredients sing, it’s suitable for all hoomans in the AM + PM. A face, neck + eye serum in one, apply from the nipples up or mix a healthy dose into your foundation to reveal instant skin luminosity – ooh-la-la!
Rock star ingredients:
- Clinically-proven pro-collagen peptide: reduces the depth + appearance of fine lines, wrinkles + “drinkles” (aka wrinkles caused by dehydration)
- Sodium hyaluronate: low molecular weight hyaluronic acid to instantly + deeply hydrate the skin
- Gluconolactone: a PHA (polyhydroxy acid) to assist product absorption + gently exfoliate the skin for rock star ingredients to show their true talents
- Fruit + veg extracts: soothing, nourishing + antioxidant in nature – the skin is an organ® and should be treated as such
- Liquorice root extract: a brightening botanical ingredient + antioxidant
Who It’s For:
- All hoomans – regardless of skin type, including mamas-to-be
- Dry or dehydrated skin – say “hiya” to hyaluronic acid
- Irritated, flaky, red skin – free from fragrances + drying alcohols, it’s full of skin-soothers
- Oily or congested skin – non-comedogenic and anti-inflammatory, your skin craves moisture too
- Those looking to tackle fine lines and wrinkles – with antioxidants + a pro-collagen peptide, you’re sorted
- Those seeking healthy-looking, balanced skin – it'll hydrate + improve skin clarity
- Dry, dehydrated, dull eye area – it's an eye serum too, so bring it around your peepers
- Dermatologically tested
- Tested for use around eyes – a moisture surge for the dehydrated eye area
- Suitable for all hoomans® + all skin types
- Suitable for mamas-to-be (suitable for use during pregnancy)
- Fragrance-free – because smells don’t change cells®
Nerdie tip: Skin Veg is adored by make-up artists, so for a shot of runway elegance, apply pre-makeup for a gorgeous, dewy priming effect with long-term skin benefits.
How to Use:
- Use daily, AM + PM, after cleansing.
- Apply 1 pump prior to your other serums or moisturiser for a quick shot of dewy goodness.
- Smooth into skin from the nipples up, including around the eye area and the neck.
Nerdie tip: Our top recommendation is to mix 1 pump of Skin Veg with 1 pump of Skin Protein and apply to slightly damp skin post-cleanse from the nipples up!
How To Refill:
After falling in love with 02® (aka the green one) and using every last drop, you’ll want to top up on the brightening goodness of our pre-serum + penetrant-enhancer.
- To begin, twist your inner tube out.
- Twist off the pump – remember to keep your pump close!
- Take your refill tube, remove the lid + twist the lid back on.
- Click the inner tube into the outer tube.
- Serve your skin our hydrating tonic!
- Wash, dry + recycle your refill.
How To Recycle:
The outer tube (primary pack): your tube-for-life that’s made from resilient, ultra-durable materials that are built to last multiple uses and protect the integrity of the rock star ingredients found within. The primary pack isn’t recyclable, but watch this space – we're committed to making our outer tube recyclable within the next 18 months.
The inner tube (refill): is made from polypropylene (aka PP) and polyethylene (aka PE), both of which are widely recyclable plastics.
How to recycle your inner tubes:
- Use every last drop of your Skingredients product.
- Thoroughly rinse the refillable inner tube.
- Make sure that the refill is completely dry.
- Pop in your household recycling bin.
- Feel happy knowing you’re getting skin results aplenty + doing your bit for the planet.
Cardboard outer tubes: durable and fully recyclable packaging that’s made from cardboard – they'll deliver your skincare in style. We use a biodegradable soy-based ink that’s easily removed during the de-inking process, which makes our cardboard packaging easily recyclable.
How to recycle your cardboard outer tubes: Pop them in your household recycling bin.